Saturday, May 28, 2011

Star Spangled Crab Cakes

    So this morning I finally made it to the big city of Baltimore! I could see the sky line in the distance as we drove and I started to get hot and my heart was racing. I thought I was having a panic attack, but it was really just the fact that my ac is broken in my car, good to know!
    My first stop today was to see my Amiga Angela, who is calling Baltimore her home for now. After seeing her cute studio apartment, we found our way to my apartment. Luckily, I did not over pack and unloading did not take too long. I am living on the 7th floor of an old apartment building in Charles Village. I have a really nice view of the neighborhood (pictures soon). I was able to met my new roommate. She seems really nice and is a Southern too! We found the laundry room at the bottom of the apartment and both agreed that it was a bit like dungeon.
    After unpacking, mom and I decided to look around the city. We drove to my museum so I could see how to get there and then headed to Fort McHenry. It is a nice place, but it was crowed and we were hungry. I did get to see the original Star Spangled Banner that was written by Frances Scott Key. SO COOL! The lady at the gift shop told us to go to L.P. Steamers. It looked a bit sketchy, but we went inside to try it out. I have found that most places that look rundown and a bit shady usually have great food. Being in Baltimore I had to have a crab cake. I got one and was not disappointed,  it was so good. After eating it was time to get some food for the new place. There is a Giant foods near my place which seems to be pretty nice. I cant wait to start cooking. I brought my new cookbook with me. After shopping, we went back to my apartment and unpacked a little. Pretty boring stuff. But we then decided to look around my neighborhood.
   So across my street is a little strip if shops which include, a Starbucks, coldstone, pizza, bagel shop, and chines take out. Oh bless my diet this summer! I do have the option to walk up the seven flights of steps, so that my help if I feel inclined to get some pizza or ice cream. There is also the JHU Barnes and Nobel bookstore two blocks way. So excited about that! We deiced to get try out the pizza place which was quite yummy! So it has been a pretty good first day. Now I just have to finish unpacking (right about now I am wishing that I had a magic wand to make my clothes fill my closet).

I am leaving this post with a few highlights of the day:

  • At a stop light the man in the car next to us started to talk to us. It was too funny! 
  • People are always honking at someone or something.
  • I have found that people in the city like to yell at one another for no real reason.
  • Listen to the people at NPS sites, they know some of the best places to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment